The Superintendent will have overall responsibility for the execution of work in the field. This person will provide leadership and direction to the Assistant or Area Superintendents, Field Engineers, Carpenters, and Laborers on their project. The Superintendent will organize the project and trades to execute efficiently and safely and to deliver a high-quality project on or before the scheduled duration for the work. The Superintendent works closely with and reports to the Project Manager.
- Turnover meeting with the Project Estimator to review and fully understand material, labor, equipment, subcontracts, and general conditions estimates.
- Review major scopes of work prepared by the Project Manager for award of Subcontracts and suggest changes or additions.
- Take the lead in preparing a baseline schedule with input from key Subcontractors and provide accurate monthly updates based on work put in place. Always look for ways to pick up time on the schedule and to overcome delays by working with the Subcontractors. Strive for work efficiency for the trades.
- Review key shop drawings to ensure product is ordered to reflect how the project will be built. This includes rebar, post tensioning, structural steel, windows, elevators (pit and shaft size), etc.
- Manage the project site and logistics for safety, efficiency, and cleanliness.
- Foster relationships with Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Daily oversight of all manpower, work product, clean up, and safety on the project.
- Attend preconstruction meeting with all Subcontractors and Suppliers. Be prepared to take the lead on discussions regarding schedule, work hours, logistics, crane usage, safety, quality control, and clean up.
- Attend weekly job meetings to update job progress, safety, site cleanliness, quality control, and any other project field issues that need to be addressed.
- Meet with Owner weekly to walk project and discuss project status.
- Meet with Project Manager monthly to review status of general conditions items controlled by field, to include labor, equipment, small tools, etc. Make every effort to stay within estimated budget.
- Timely complete daily reports denoting manpower and job conditions. Be accurate and factual in the reports.
- Manage field issues with Subcontractors to closure. Our approach is to be firm but fair.
- Prepare detailed work lists for each trade at the end of project and expedite completion of the lists to ensure a high standard of quality.
- Evaluate staff and mentor Assistant Superintendents and Field Engineers so they are progressing in their careers.
- Prior experience in successfully building projects similar in size and complexity.
- Strong communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment.
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- 10 years of hands-on construction experience holding positions of increasing responsibility, or degree in Engineering or Building Construction and 5 years of hands-on construction experience.
- OSHA 10 Safety Certification.
4950 West Prescott Street
Tampa FL 33616
NORTH FLORIDA OFFICE:
3760 N.W. 83rd Street, Suite 1
Gainesville FL 32607